Monday, October 11, 2010

10.10.2010

 Given that its about a week into October, I decided it was time for my monthly grocery shopping trip.  It takes hours, and lots of dollars, but it's worth it and will last me almost all the way through the month!  I usually head to Whole Foods for anything fresh, but for the basics, it's Path Mark all the way.  I mean boxes of spiral mac & cheese for $0.49?! That's what I'm talking about.
Now, my meal Sunday was nothing worth posting (had dinner at the Spaghetti Warehouse), but I did bake some delicious cupcakes in celebration of the upcoming holiday- HALLOWEEN! Those bright pink foil cupcake liners are for Breast Cancer awareness- I thought they added a nice touch to the final product.  I even left a plate for my neighbor downstairs.  How nice was that?  Plus, I figured it's less I'll eat on my own...

Want to know what else is awesome?  Cookbooks.  I went to my favorite used bookstore on Saturday, and picked up 3 new cookbooks.  One is from Julia Child & Company! I am trying to continue to motivate myself to stop eating out (or eating boxes of macaroni and cheese) and cook delicious, non-frozen meals.  Step 1: TACO NIGHT tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment