Monday, October 11, 2010

10.11.2010


TACO NIGHT!

Believe it or not, this was my first time (that I can recall) making taco meat!  It's quite easy, but because of my years of being a vegetarian in high school, and then having a dining hall for all 4 years of college, my cooking skills never fully developed (hence the blog). Why are tacos so delicious?  I have left overs in the fridge- regretting not bringing them in for lunch today.  MMMM tacos!  A healthier spin?  Ground turkey instead of ground beef.  Tastes just as good, but better for you!

What are your favorite taco toppings?  Mine- SOUR CREAM, the fat free kind of course.

2 comments:

  1. I only cook with ground turkey. It's also easier to digest. One day you should try making turkey meatloaf. You have to add more moisture - tomato sauce, etc but the meatloaf is delicious.
    Another way to make the taco healthier is to use brown rice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There actually isn't any rice on these bad boys but I would love to make turkey meat loaf! I even have a meat loaf pan!

    ReplyDelete